Outdoor Blog Network (OBN) is looking for enthusiastic writers who want to share their passion for the outdoors with other outdoor enthusiasts while earning extra money in the process. If you run an existing blog that you want to move to OBN, or want to start a new blog with OBN, keep reading for more information. For a full list of benefits, please see Why Join Outdoor Blog Network?
What We’re Looking For
We are currently looking for bloggers to cover the following subjects:
For bloggers joining the Outdoor Blog Network, we look for the following characteristics and skill sets:
- A strong passion for the outdoors.
- Knowledge of your selected subject.
- Willing to write several blogs posts each month.
- Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Creativity in writing.
- Journalism ethics and standards.
- Interview skills.
If you’re strong in some areas and not so strong in other areas, don’t worry. We’re here to help you along the way by providing useful tips and advice, ranging from blog ideas, how to market and promote your blog, improving your writing skills, and more.
Looking for reasons why you should join the Outdoor Blog Network? Here are several:
- Your Own Blog – Fully hosted, with amazing support and free promotion. We’ll also help you come up with a unique design for your blog, within our design guidelines.
- Get Traffic – Our focus on search engine optimization (SEO) helps ensure your content is properly indexed by Google and other major search engines.
- Gain Credibility – We’re associated with Carbon Media Group, including the popular OutdoorHub.com, which helps you build credibility.
- Technical Expertise – We have the technical know-how to keep your blog up-to-date and secure so that you can focus more on writing, and less on managing your blog. We handle everything from setting up your blog and upgrading software, to search engine optimization (SEO) and design.
- Get Paid – Not everyone blogs for money, but if you’d like to make a little extra cash, we offer a performance-based compensation package for bloggers. We also manage the relationship with advertisers and handle all bookkeeping. Or, you can manage your own advertisers.
- Free Gear – Occasionally we reward top-performing bloggers with free gear for use in outdoor gear reviews.
- Build Relationships – Network with other members of Outdoor Blog Network to create long-lasting relationships, get blog ideas, receive tips and tricks, and more.
If you think you have what it takes and want to get started, use the form below to tell us about yourself, including which topics you would like to cover. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss the details.